Progressive Slot Machines
You’ve reached the SlotsWolf page dedicated to progressive slots. This is where you’ll find all the available slots that feature this mechanic. So take your time, scroll at your leisure and find your new favorite progressive slot. Who knows, the jackpot might change your life if you’re lucky enough!
What is a Progressive Slot Machine?
Everyone is familiar with the term “jackpot” by now. A jackpot is a special type of payout that can be won at any point, after any spin. The longer this jackpot remains unclaimed, the bigger it gets.
A progressive jackpot slot will usually take a portion of each bet and add it to the final prize. This amount is usually displayed on a meter above the reels and is usually taken from multiple game sessions at the same time. For example, if several gamblers are playing MicroGaming’s Mega Moolah at the same time, they will all be contributing to and playing to win the same jackpot.
How Do Progressive Slots Work?
As we mentioned above, a progressive slot will gather its prize pool from the bets gamblers place on it. Some progressives will require you to place the maximum bet in order to qualify for the jackpot so keep that in mind when setting a budget.
That being said, there are a few different types of progressive jackpot slots and it’s important you know what they are before you place your bets. Let’s take a look at them!
Stand-Alone: A stand-alone jackpot slot will not be connected to other slot machines, meaning it will pay lower amounts. Stand-alone progressives were the first games of this type and sadly, they’re becoming less and less popular in both online and land-based casinos.
In-House: These progressives are linked to each other through a network within the same casino. You will notice that the jackpot for these types of slots is noticeably bigger than their stand-alone counterparts.
Wide-Area: These slots feature huge jackpots but have very low winning odds. These types of slots are linked between different casinos, which means that more people are playing for and contributing to the final prize.
Random Progressive Slots: These can be fun, especially if you love a dash of surprise. These slots will award players at random times, offering random prizes based on minimum and maximum values.
What Makes Progressive Slots So Fun?
Well, some payouts have been known to change lives. That being said, if you’re the type of gambler that enjoys hunting for a “big hit” and doesn’t really have a spending limit, you should definitely go for progressive jackpot slots.
Just keep in mind that if you want to qualify for a progressive slot, you’ll have to play at maximum. This means that you’ll have to select the largest coin denomination and have all the paylines active on every spin. This can turn out to be quite expensive, so you should only go for big progressive slots if your budget can support it.
Tips and Tricks for Progressive Slots
We’re going to be completely honest here - slots are games of luck and chance so it would prove almost impossible to devise an effective strategy for winning at progressive slots. However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t things you can do to improve your odds even in the slightest bit. Let’s see what some of these strategies are!
Check the game rules. Usually, you’ll find these in the Help or Paytable section of each slot. By checking the game rules, you’ll see if you need to bet the maximum amount. And once you’ve figured that out, you’ll know if you can play a few rounds for a smaller bet if you have a rather limited budget.
Play a popular game. Seeing as the jackpot is grown by other people’s bets, you can surely see how it could prove advantageous to play a more popular slot. Currently, the most popular one is MicroGaming’s Mega Moolah.
The Highest Progressive Jackpots Ever Won
You already know that huge progressive proved to be life-changing to some players at certain points. But how much are we talking about exactly? Well, let’s take a look together at online gambling’s Top 5 Slot Machine Jackpot winners!
1. MicroGaming’s Mega Moolah - €18,915,872.81. This slot beat its own record in September 2018. This popular progressive slot managed to go where no other slot has ever been before and set the world record for the biggest jackpot win in history. In this case, the lucky bet was only 75 cents and was placed on an Android device.
2. MicroGaming’s Mega Moolah - €17,879,645. Mega Moolah takes another spot in this hall of fame. In 2015, this progressive slot increased a lucky gambler’s fortune by millions of euros. Back then, it even made the Guinness World Records as the highest jackpot ever won at an online slot machine.
3. NetEnt’s Mega Fortune - €17,861,800: Back in 2013, a lucky 25 cents spin turned a Finnish player into a millionaire overnight. Just give it a try for yourself and who knows, you might be the next millionaire!
4. MicroGaming’s Mega Moolah - €13,328,028.16: Mega Moolah occupies yet another spot in the biggest jackpots hall of fame. It really seems that this slot is dead set on turning its players into millionaires. At the beginning of 2019, a very lucky player won the third biggest jackpot this game ever had to offer.
5. NetEnt’s Mega Fortune - €11,736,375: It seems NetEnt is competing with MicroGaming when it comes to millionaire-making slots. In 2011, this slot managed to make history and earn a place in the hall of fame by awarding a very lucky Norwegian player.