Upcoming Slot Releases for June 2023
A new month approaches, and new slot games are everywhere. The gaming industry has consistently produced high-quality slot games with tons of polish, making them more appealing to everybody.
No wonder so many publishers and even more games are releasing this month! Time to experience what's new in the market, and we assure you, you'll love the new entries set to come out this month.
Whether you're an experienced veteran or a rookie trying to dip your toes into the exciting world of slot games, we've got you covered. Let's look at the upcoming slot games set to release in June 2023.
The Best Upcoming Slots for June 2023
We've created a list of the top 10 best games coming out this month. Without further ado, let's meet our contestants and get on with judging how good they are.
- Toro Shogun: Best Overall Slot
- Candyfinity: Best Slot for Bonus Features
- Crystal Catcher: Best Slot for Symbols
- Country Farming: Best Slot for Animations
- Pinata Wildz: Best Slot for High Rollers
- Viking Runecraft: Apocalypse: Best Slot for Big Winnings
- Otterly Amazing: Best Slot for Beginners
- Alladin's Chest: Best Slot for Theme
- Orca's Wild Bonanza: Best Slot for Low Rollers
- Fruity Megaways: Best Slot for Graphics
We will only take a look at the first five slot games in this review. However, you can take a look at all of them for free right here on SlotsWolf.
1. Toro Shogun: The Best Overall Slot
Elk Studios' latest entry takes us all the way back to feudal Japan during the Sengoku era. Don't worry; you don't have to raise a feudal levy to challenge the Shogun here.
The oriental theme and a Bull dressed up as a samurai might not be the most realistic, but it sure looks fun.
The slot does almost everything right. It has a charming and unique theme, various features, and a chance to win an incredibly generous 25,000x max win.
Toro Shogun Theme
The game is set in the beautiful Japanese countryside with hills and trees everywhere. The greenery is contrasted by traditional Japanese houses made of wood and pathways going up to them.
The peaceful background aside, the grids of the slot are surrounded by a torii, a traditional gate found before a shrine.
The background music also ebbs and flows with the game, starting with a slow and calm oriental jingle and progressing to an action-packed theme as you start winning big.
Toro Shogun Game Mechanics
This slot game comes with a standard 5x4 grid that progresses from 4 rows to a maximum of 10 rows and gets you 1378 paylines. The game has an RTP of 94%, slightly below average, and comes with high volatility.
The betting range is considerably wide, with bets starting from $0.20 and going up to $100. The maximum win is set to 25,000x your bet, which is impressive.
The different colored dragons are the lower-paying symbols getting you anywhere from 0.3x to 0.5x your bet. The Shogun, Lotuses, Oranges, and Sensu fans pay anywhere from 0.75x to 10x your bet with five matching symbols.
Wilds substitute for other symbols, and the scatter symbols trigger the free spin bonus.
Toro Shogun Features
- Free Spins - You need 3 scatter symbols to get 7 free spins. During the free spins, each scatter will act as a 1x multiplier.
- Both Ways - If you land a combination that connects the extreme left to the extreme right of the reels, you trigger the Both Ways feature. During this time, combinations can be made both ways until no combinations are left.
- Toro Goes Wild - You activate this feature if you get Toro and a ninja in the reels during spins. Toro will carve a path to the Ninja to defeat him while leaving behind wilds.
- Max Rows - With every win, you expand the reel rows by one and trigger random spins up to a maximum of 10 rows.
- Shogun Mode - Once you unlock all the 10 rows and 1378 paylines, the Shogun Mode is activated, and the three lowest paying symbols are removed from the reels.
Toro Shogun Pros:
- Charming graphics and music
- Max win of 25,000x your bet
- Plenty of bonus features
- X-iter buys to jump into action
Toro Shogun Cons:
- Lower than average RTP
No more waiting, the Shogun requires our presence at his palace! Let's assist Toro in defeating the Ninja matadors in the beautiful Japanese countryside today in Toro Shogun for free. Practice for free and get ready for the release on June 6th.
2. Candyfinity: The Best Slot for Bonus Features
Yggdrasil Gaming's latest entry is a treat fit for people who love sweets. We all dream of waking up in Candyland; why not make it a reality and have the option to win 38,000x your bet?
Now that's what I call a sweet deal. Puns aside, Candyfinity is a slot our younger selves would have found to be dreamland.
Candies of all shapes and sizes are everywhere, and the various features in the slot will keep you entertained.
Begin your adventure in a forgotten land all made up of candy. Rivers of cream filled with donuts, strawberries, cakes, and candy surround you in a beautiful hamlet.
There's a lone house opposite a mountain of candy when you look up, adding a homely feel to the background. The upbeat bombastic music is fun, making the experience all the more rewarding.
The reels themselves are a treat. You have all kinds of candies adorning your reels between two candy canes.
Candyfinity Game Mechanics
Candyfinity is a standard 6x3 reel slot where you need at least 3 adjacent symbols to create winning combos. The RTP is a healthy 96%, with very high volatility.
The betting range could be limited for some as betting starts from $0.20 and goes up to $20. However, the huge max win of 38,837x your bet is tough to beat.
The chips with card symbols are lower-paying, with returns coming in from 0.10x to 1.5x your bet. The candies all have different returns ranging from 0.4x to 20x your bet.
The scatter is aptly named Bonus with a gift icon, and the wild candy canes substitute for all symbols except the scatter.
- Free Spins - Landing 3 or more Bonus symbols would get you anywhere from 6 to 12 free spins, depending on how many Bonus symbols you got.
- Gamble - After winning your free spins, you can gamble for more spins if you desire. However, you cannot access this feature if you already have 12 free spins.
- Golden Bet - Players can pay a little over their bet amount for an increased chance of landing bonus symbols.
- Streak - Any win can trigger this feature and expand the reels by up to 6x6 with 46,656 paylines. During this mode, if you get 6 matching symbols or more, you also get a 2x multiplier for each win after that.
- Mindblowing max win of 38,837x
- Intriguing design and graphics
- Acceptable bonus features with bonus buy
- Limited betting range
- Unoriginal theme
Although many candy-based slot games have come before it, we greatly enjoyed Candyfinity by Yggdrasil Gaming. It takes the conventional video reel formula and puts neat features on top. Those candies won't sort themselves; try Candyfinity for free on SlotsWolf today!
3. Crystal Catcher: The Best Slot for Symbols
A surprisingly refreshing entry from Push Gaming, the premise of Crystal Catcher is right there in the name; you're matching up crystals.
Although simple, the game carries many unique and lucrative features like Instant prizes and bonuses, to name a few. You don't have to actively mine for these rare gems, but they are just as rewarding and precious with beautiful design and animations.
Strap on your mining helmet, and let's form crystals and find out if they are the real deal.
Crystal Catcher Theme
The theme of Crystal Catcher is simple; you descend the deep and dark underground cave systems to hunt for clusters of rare gems and ores.
Although there are enough crystals to make people who believe in alternative medicine happy, we are only after the finest ones. Lanterns light your path ahead, and the cave walls are full of crystals.
The music is mysterious and exciting without being too overboard, making the game perfect for longer sessions as you enjoy collecting different gems for instant rewards!
Crystal Catcher Game Mechanics
Coming to the mechanics, the slot features a 7x7 grid with cascading wins and bonus pay alongside them. The RTP averages 96.3%, and the game carries medium volatility.
Bets start from $0.10 and go up to $100, which gives players plenty of options and the max win is 10,000x your bet, which is also a good addition.
The blue, green, and purple crystals pay anywhere from 0.10x to 6.25x your bet and are on the lower end. Meanwhile, the pink ones pay higher at 0.25x to 12.5x your bet, and the orange crystal is one step higher at 0.5x to 25x your bet.
The red crystal pays the most in clusters going from 1x to 50x your bet. The Beetles are the game's wilds which substitute for all symbols except the non-paying crystals and scatters.
Crystal Catcher Features
- Free Games - Getting free spins is relatively easy; you must land a wild symbol and a scatter symbol simultaneously. For your effort, you are awarded 7 free spins.
- Instant Prize - While playing, you can win instantly anywhere from 1x to 500x your bet. To get it, you need to land both an Instant prize symbol and a wild symbol.
- Crystal Catcher - This feature activates if you get a wild symbol and a scatter, crystal, or instant prize symbol. During this feature, the wild will get a multiplier of 1x for each special symbol. The beetle flies to pick them up and leaves behind a golden beetle which also gets the multipliers. With this feature, all wins and instant prizes get the active multiplier.
Crystal Catcher Pros:
- Pleasing graphics and animations
- 10,000x max win
- Generous wins
Crystal Catcher Cons:
- Variable RTP
- Lacks good bonus features
Coming off of Fire Hopper, those who play Crystal Catcher may find that it feels familiar. Although it doesn't try anything new, what we do have is a polished experience perfect for some light bedtime gaming. Come on then, those crystals won't mine themselves after all!
4. Country Farming: The Best Slot for Animations
Time to take a breather and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Pragmatic Play's latest entry takes country living and
Country life is not easy, folks. Lucky for you, all the farm animals and the farmer are friendly and could do with a helping hand.
The barn and mountains are an incredible view, but are they good enough to justify the simple mechanics that come with it? Let's find out.
Country Farming Theme
Time to leave your cares behind and move to a cozy farm on the city's outskirts. A rustic wooden post with vines hanging covers the reels here.
Stadrew Valley just got cuter with the faint red barn, a windmill in the distance, and the hilly scenery.
During the daytime, you will be doing your chores around the farm, but as you trigger the free spins, the sun sets, and you get a quiet respite on the farm.
Fireflies come out, and you enjoy the brief time reminiscing your time here. After the spins are over, you are back in the daytime, enjoying the sun and the cute animals around you.
Country Farming Game Mechanics
The slot gives you 5x3 reels with 20 paylines to play around with. You win from left to right on adjacent reels as you play. The game has an RTP of 96.07% and is considered to be highly volatile.
You can bet anywhere from $0.20 to $100, which is a good range, and the max win is set at 10,000x your bet.
The vegetables pay the lowest, with wins getting you anywhere from 3x to 6x your bet for 5 matching symbols. The animals pay considerably higher, with chickens 8x to 12x for the same 5 symbols. The sheep and pig go for 15x to 50x your bet, and the cow pays 100x for a 5-of-a-kind win.
The farmer is the scatter in this game; collecting three gets you a 1x multiplier. The trusty farm dog is the wild, substituting for all symbols except the scatter.
Country Farming Features
- Free Spins - Landing three or more scatters gets you 10 free spins. While using the free spins, the jackpot symbols also function as wilds.
- Jackpot Symbols - Landing jackpot symbols awards you a handy multiplier. You can get multipliers from 10x to 10,000x your bet with these symbols.
Country Farming Pros:
- Catchy music and visuals
- Plenty of symbols
- Wide betting range
Country Farming Cons:
- Lacks bonus features
- No new theme or mechanic
Although Country Farming might feel like a cookie-cutter slot based on country living, it still manages to be fun. The visuals are detailed, and the symbols take up your attention. Enough talk; time to take hold of your own farm. Try Country Farming for free right here.
5. Piñata Wildz: The Best Slot for High Rollers
Piñata Wildz by Booming Games takes us down south to Mexico to experience the Día de Muertos and all the festivities that come with it.
The base game has various features that translate to an exciting gameplay experience, and the cute Pinatas definitely take center stage with their charm.
The Latin American music and theme make it worth a try with beautiful visuals and cultural icons. However, is it a good game underneath? Let's find out!
Piñata Wildz Theme
As discussed previously, Piñata Wildz has a Mexican theme with a healthy blend of different festivals in the country as showpieces.
It features Piñatas, Masks from Día de los Muertos, Mariachi, and much more on the reels. The backdrop is a simple village with pleasant lights and carts, giving off a homely feel.
The energetic music makes you feel like you're in a fiesta. With so much happening, the song and dance never stop!
Piñata Wildz Game Mechanics
Piñata Wildz comes as a 5x3 reel slot with 20 fixed paylines. You win when you land matching symbols consecutively from left to right. The game has an RTP of 95.4% and is considered high in volatility.
The betting range is the widest we have seen yet, with bets starting from $0.10 and going up to $200. The max win, on the other hand, is capped at 2,500x your bet, which is low when compared to other entries.
The lower paying symbols are the card symbols that pay from 0.12x to 0.20x your bet for 5 matching symbols. The skulls and guitars give you 0.5x to 0.65x returns for the same win. The mariachi, dancing lady, and the free spin symbols pay higher at 0.8x to 2x your bet.
Wilds will substitute for other symbols except for the scatter and often come with multipliers ranging from 2x to 5x your bet.
Piñata Wildz Features
- Free Spins - When you land three or more free spin icons, you get seven free spins awarded to you. The wilds and wild multipliers lock in place during the free spins that help maximize your wins.
Piñata Wildz Pros:
- Original and fun theme
- Beautiful graphics
- Wide betting range
- Locked wilds and multipliers during free spins
Piñata Wildz Cons:
- Lower than average RTP
- Lacks bonus features
Now then, the formalities are over. A long night of festivities and dancing awaits us as we look up to the starry skies in a beautifully lit Mexican village. The music and atmosphere are just right and waiting for you. Play Piñata Wildz for free here!
How We Selected the Best Upcoming Slots for June 2023
With so many games on the line, deciding which one to try can be hard. We felt the same way and decided to share how we rate these games.
We will all have our decisions influenced by personal preferences to a degree, but we keep as objective as we can. Take a look at how we rated these games below:
- Gameplay and Features - Solid gameplay and additional features take a game from just another slot game to an instant classic. Bonus features make it more interesting if implemented correctly, so we prioritize them too.
- RTP and Volatility - A game with good RTP and low volatility always stands out from the rest of the slots. We try to ensure your bankroll doesn't run out on unfair games.
- Graphics and Music - Let's be honest; good graphics and background music can make or break the presentation of any game, no matter how good the features are. Although these factors depend on personal preferences, we try to push the highest quality games first.
These slots must abide by these tenants to rise to the top and get a recommendation. Your gaming experience takes priority over anything else, and we intend to keep it that way.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Shogun Wild feature in Toro Shogun?
The Shogun wild mechanics works as an extra wild that gets put in a free space after you hit a winning combination in the base game.
What is the Instant Prize in Crystal Catcher?
In the game, instant prizes come in a wide range. You might come across an Instant Prize symbol during your gameplay, but it also needs a wild symbol to activate. If you get both simultaneously, you can win the instant prize bonus ranging from 1x to 500x your bet.
What is the maximum amount that I can win in Candyfinity?
The game has an incredibly generous max win of 38,837x your bet that activates when you have all 6 rows active. The winning streak feature can also help you as it increases the payways to a maximum of 46,656 ways to win.
What is the highest-paying symbol in Country Farming?
The cow is the highest-paying symbol in the game, with 5x rewards for three symbols, and it goes up to 100x your bet for a five-of-a-kind win.
What are the Instant Jackpot bonuses in Country Farming?
You will find many Instant Jackpot symbols when playing the game. Landing 5 or more simultaneously will give you an instant cash bonus ranging from $20 for 5 and going up to $20,000 for 9 matching symbols.
How many paylines does Piñata Wildz come with?
Piñata Wildz comes with 20 fixed paylines which severely limits its max win at only 2,500x your bet. Although impressive, other slots beat it by a wild margin.
How to Play June 2023 Slots
At one point, we've all been new to the ever-expanding world of slot games. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to access and play these games:
- Search for the slot you want to play on our website's top right search icon or browse all our slots.
- Let’s say you picked Toro Shogun, our first entry in the list. Click the translucent play icon to start it up.
- Go to the icon in the top left corner and click on the rules tab marked as "i".
- After reading everything thoroughly, click away to the main screen.
- Once there, click on the icon resembling coins on the bottom-left side to place your wager.
- Now click on the big spin button on the right and spin away to your heart's content!
See something you like?
We went through many upcoming slots today. Although they are yet to be released, you can still get a taste of these free slots on Slotswolf. Better to hone your skills before you take on these slots in real money casinos.
You can find all the links to the slots and hundreds more on our website. With so much variety, you're bound to find something you like. Good luck, and we will see you next month with new and exciting releases for the upcoming month.